Monday, June 8, 2009

Lint

You may be asking yourself why I would write a post about lint. And you are probably even more concerned that I would take a picture of my lint (I know, I know, I need to take out the garbage in the laundry room). But before you judge me, let me explain this weird fascination I have with you. Several years ago, possibly even when I was in middle school, I saw this show on tv. I can't even begin to tell you what show it was, or why I was watching it, but this show featured this lady (and maybe it was just the news) who made works of art out of dryer lint. They were AMAZING!!! She talked about how her neighbors would bring over colorful lint in ziploc bags to her and how she got so excited about it. From that day forward I never looked at lint the same...

Because I live alone and don't do laundry very often, I usually combine just about everything into one load of wash (my mom is probably having a coronary reading this right now). I mix whites and blacks (which probably explains why my whites turn gray over time) and all other colors. As a result, my dryer lint is always gray. Boring. Well, the other day I washed this cute pink beach towel I had used and the above wad of pink lint was the result. Immediately my mind drifted to the lint/art lady and I had an intense desire to make something with my lint (or atleast put it in a ziploc and find this lady so she could make something with it). But, sadly, because I lack artistic skills I forfeited the idea. You will also see purple lint in my garbage can, which made me excited again to make something. Nevertheless, the desire to take the garbage out won over the desire to create art...but one day I just might make a masterpiece out of dryer lint. I will definitely show you if I do.

{You know you will look more closely at your lint the next time you do your laundry...}

And just for your viewing pleasure, a few sneak peeks of what is to come on the blog this week:

4 comments:

jessi said...

That is funny... everytime I do laundry and take out the lint I will now think of you!

Amy Piller said...

That is so funny, I love to read your blog. I came back to over 450 e-mails today and am so overwhelmed that I decided to read your blog:)

Marianne and Matt said...

I have to admit I am a little disappointed, I was really hoping for a work of art! I will be waiting.

Emily said...

Seriously, I looked at my garbage can in my laundry room once and it looked 100 times worse than that... Good to know I am not alone. I will maybe send you my lint if I get something great. I do have this red blanket...