Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hmmm...

Just in case you were wondering, court was cancelled on Thursday and rescheduled for Monday. And as of today, I still have not received a phone call from my friend. Because of that, Friday morning I was feeling a little down. It didn't help that I saw this on the way to work either:That kind of started the day off weird, and it only was more weird as the day went on. I felt such anxiety all day (and maybe it was because there were only 2 of us working and we were under a lot of pressure to get show orders underway). I could not wait for the day to be over, but at the same time didn't know why because I had nothing to do after work. I am not the most outgoing socialite, and somedays I just really like to be alone. Friday was one of those days. But all the time that I was alone I was feeling so sorry for myself, so mad that I was doing this to myself. Why am I pushing everyone away? This is a time when I really need someone around, someone to talk to. Needless to say, this is how I looked all night:

It's pretty sad when your source of entertainment is taking pictures of yourself looking sad (and watching Dateline). Oh well!

So in order to ease my anxiety, I made an early morning trip to Phoenix to visit my friend in stripes. He claims he tried to call, but also said he can't just call anytime he wants. I guess I understand...

After my jail visit, I decided to hang with my momma cause my dad is at the cabin AGAIN this weekend doing some work. I have to mention that my parents have been rocks for me this week. They came to my house on Tuesday night to play games with me and keep me company while I waited by the phone for that call that never came. And today my dear sweet mother took me shopping, took me to lunch, and made us appointments for this:
How cute is that? And, of course, the ladies talked us into an eyebrow wax. Here are my before (from last night) and after. Pardon the redness and scared looking face:

Yep, I pretty much have nothing left! But my eyebrows were a little out of control. The whole time she was ripping out my eyebrows the lady just kept saying, "You have such a beautiful face. We just need to do something about those eyebrows!" Thanks!
So there you have it. My last few days in a nutshell. Thanks mom for a great day of fun {a little bit of pain} and relaxation. You are the best!
{Hope you have a GREAT weekend!!}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to go visit Pepe and that you had a nice day. Just remember I'm always here if you need me!

tiare said...

thank goodness for moms and cute pedicures!