Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The good stuff

I got this email at work today from my good pal Joey. It is one of those really stupid getting to know your friends 2008 edition emails that I get about every 3 days. But, I thought you would all want to know every detail of my life, so I am posting it for your viewing pleasure. Just so you know, I filled in the answers this morning before posting this blog. Here it is:

1. What is your occupation right now? Go-to-girl grunt worker
2. What color are your socks right now? Invisible (not a fan of socks/shoes)

3. What are you listening to right now? The Mexican music in the warehouse blaring through the office
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Lime jello with a side of boullion
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Tried once, with no success
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My mom
7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? She’s taught me a lot about life…and I love her for it!
8. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Football
9. What is your favorite drink? On the diet: Crystal Light Pink Lemonade. Off the diet: Pepsi
10. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes, and it was an unfortunate experience
11. Favorite food? Mexican or anything breakfast-like
12. What is the last movie you watched? About a Boy
13. Favorite day of the year? June 20th
14. How do you vent anger? Cry
15. What was your favorite toy as a child? Barbies or dolls
16. What is your favorite season? Spring anywhere that has seasons, but in AZ I love winter (if you can call it that)
17. Cherries or Blueberries? Neither, but probably cherries if I had to choose
18. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Doesn’t really apply to blogging, but I love getting emails and/or comments…
19. Who is the most likely to respond? My cute friends that read my blog
20. Who is least likely to respond? Those unfortunate few who have not yet discovered my blogging genius
21. Living arrangements? Livin’ it up in the townhouse with my roomie who is never home
22. When was the last time you cried? Sunday (strange, strange story)
23. What is on the floor of your closet? A disastrous mess!
24. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? Amy ToeToggleTarian Triple T Richins Seamons (Piller)
25. What did you do last night? Layed (is that how you spell it?) in my bed and watched About a Boy until I fell asleep
26. What are you most afraid of? Someone chunking next to me and me not being able to get away from it
27. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? Mmmmm…cheese
28. Favorite dog breed? Labs
29. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
30. How many states have you lived in? 3
31. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
32. What is your favorite flower? I don’t really even remember what they look like, but I always say my fave flower is a Columbine. But these days, I would be happy just to get flowers from anyone!

There it is folks. Did you learn something about me? Probably not! However, I do have another addition to this long winded blog. I have to tell you about my experience on Saturday (my favorite day of the week if you were paying attention). These days I like to take a little drive to Florence, AZ on Saturdays to visit my friend Pepe. When I left my house that morning my car seemed a little sluggish getting started. I thought it was strange, but in my excitement to leave didn't worry too much about it. Then after my little visit in Florence (30 minutes from my house and in the middle of nowhere) I tried starting my car and it wouldn't start!!! What the heck?! Of course I just started crying cause I don't know anything about cars and I didn't know who could help me. So I called my dear sweet brother Curtis, who quickly piled the kids in the minivan and came to my rescue. What a saint! I think it's like a 40 minute drive from his house. To make a long story short, my battery was toast and by no small miracle we happened to run into an auto shop and I was able to get a new battery. My car has run like a champ since then. So here's to you big brother: Thanks for saving me!!!

And now, about my Sunday strange crying incident (I can't believe I am going to share this). I was getting ready for bed and was staring at myself in the mirror in my bathroom. For some reason I was intrigued with my face and everything I saw in the mirror. I started thinking that I looked cute and was smiling at myself and thinking how happy I was that my appearance is changing and I am looking better. Then all of the sudden my eyes filled with tears and my chin started quivering. I was crying! And I had no idea why! I think it's because I realized just how pathetic my life is and it made me sad. And the fact that I am a woman with strange monthly emotions doesn't help either. Ok, enough said.

{Enjoy}

4 comments:

Megane said...

The one time my battery died in my van, it was parked in the garage! Then I got a flat tire a few weeks later...in the garage! Thank Heavens!!!! It is always great to count on family to the rescue.
That is a great story about crying! You look GREAT in your photos, congrats on losing weight and the whole dieting thing. I would LOVE to lose the 50lbs extra I am carrying around, but I am trying to get pregnant soooooo....someday!

Amy Piller said...

Cars are all kinds of fun. We spent last night at the dealership picking out a new car for Grant. We are getting him a new Honda Acord it will be here the end of September. I am so like you I cry and things I don't need to be crying for. Believe me your life is not lame I would say you have more to say for yourself then I do.

Marianne and Matt said...

Oh my dearest sweetest Alayna, don't cry...you have a fantastic life, the fact that everyone loves your blog the most just shows what an interesting, fun, person you are!! My battery died once...funny, my brother also came to my rescue!!

tiare said...

curt is the best!
girl you are one hot mama! remember that.