Thursday, August 21, 2008

What the Facebook?

Ok, so I have gotten several friend requests and such from Facebook lately. I signed up for an account around the time I started blogging just so I could see my brother's profile. I have not looked at it again until yesterday. I DON'T GET IT! Can someone please explain it to me??

I really hate that I want to get into it. I don't need another thing to get addicted to. It's bad enough that I blog when I am working!! The biggest draw back for me is that I don't have internet at my house since I am so freaking poor. So all Facebooking would have to be done at my parent's house and I usually only go there about once a week.

So please, explain to me why I should start using Facebook. But more importantly, what I so great about it???

5 comments:

Amy Piller said...

Truthfully I don't really like it either. I asked Grant to get rid of his myspace and then i got facebook, lol. I signed up to see other peoples stuff but I plan to have my blog be my main way of communicating online. I have it so that people from forever ago can maybe find me or so i might be able to find them:)

jessi said...

I don't understand face book either...I haven't even sighned up so I can't see Merns...I should probably do that so I can see everyones....hey, I want to see your pics and your AMAZING story... by the way, It is like pulling teeth to get my son Hunter to eat, We set up a new thing that if he eats all his breakfast, lunch and dinner, we will give him a dollar. (He obviously did not get that from me because I LOVE TO EAT!!!)

Megane said...

I don't get it either! I like blogging much more. Facebook doesn't keep me connected to those I want to stay connected to like blogging does. It has gotten me in touch with TONs of people from the past so that is good, but many of those people have blogs too. And a blog is more personal. I stay on it, to find those long lost ones and send them a message every know and then but other than that......? Good luck!

Marianne and Matt said...

I'm with you Alayna, I don't understand Facebook at all, I get all excited when Im connected to a long lost friend but then that's really it, it's not personal at all. You can right little messages, but blogging is WAY better. I think I will just keep it so long lost friends can contact me, but I will not be putting any time into it!!

Lindsey and Zach said...

Yeah well I don't like blogging...JK-- I just don't have allot of time for it really...and everyone's blog is "So Fancy", where did all that stuff come from anyway. Mine will just be what it is, Posting pictures with titles gets all sorts of messed up too!! what am I doing wrong?