Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Update with Alayna

I wish I could come up with some sort of funny news skit like they do on Saturday Night Live, but alas, today I lack creativity and brain power…

Regardless, my weekend was pretty good. Work on Friday really sucked rocks! It was INSANE!!! I was this close to jumping off the roof! Needless to say, I was very much looking forward to 5:00. I never really have plans on Friday night, and this weekend was no different. However, after the week I had had, I needed a day just to relax and vegetate. And that I did. It was HEAVENLY!!!

Saturday morning I slept in {joyful}. Then it was into the car for a 30 minute trip to go visit my friend who is now bunking with other immigration friends. I have to admit I was a bit saddened because he got moved to a new location on Thursday. His previous residence only allowed visitors on Saturday and Sunday (perfect), but you could actually see the person face-to-face and touch them. I was so excited to give him a big hug! But my hopes were crushed when he moved to the new facility. You can only talk via telephone and through a computer screen, but they do have visitation everyday. Oh well! It was still good to see him, and I think, more than ever, he just needs to see a familiar face. And that’s what I am there for…

I drove back home and kind of shut myself in my room cause my roomie works nights and was sleeping…didn’t want to be too loud. And this is what I discovered:
I had so much fun watching the Olympics! I especially enjoyed watching the swimming competitions. But, at the same time I was feeling a little too cooped up in my room, so it was off to my parents’ to do a little swimming of my own. Actually, it was just a really nice day and I wanted to take advantage of it. Anyday that the heat is bearable is a good day. I tried to do a little tanning and had fun all by myself (my parents were both out of town). Then I hung out with my pal Janalee, ate some Chili’s and then played the Wii. Good times!

Sunday was interesting to say the least. Last week my ward split. I am now in a singles branch with about 70 members. So it was our first week meeting as our new branch. It was tiny, and it was an experience! I am so freaked out for some reason because the thought of having 16 church callings and talking in church every other week just doesn’t sound that fun. Yet, at the same time, I am excited because there are apparently 300 singles who live in our area that are either non-members or inactive, so it presents lots of missionary opportunities. This will definitely be a new experience for me.

Then after church it was time for the Olympics again. I am just enthralled with these Olympic games for some reason. I watched some gymnastics and then took a break to finish reading this book I have been trying to read for about 2 months. Yeah, I’m not much of a reader. After gymnastics they switched back to swimming, and it was so exciting. I have a new love:

Michael Phelps is amazing! Even if he does have big ears and a mouth shoved full of teeth, he intrigues me. I don’t know if anyone else saw this, but the men’s 4x100 relay final was awesome!!! Go team USA! I was so proud! I felt bad cause my roomie was in bed and I was just screaming (as quietly as I could) in my room. It was so exciting!!

Ok, this post is insanely long…so I will end it here.

{Peace out...yo}

6 comments:

Marianne and Matt said...

I am so with you on the whole Olympics thing. I have never really been into it but Matt and I watched the same relay race last night and we were Soooo excited. Matt has been watching it today over and over again. Also Phelps intriques us as well.....I think you described it quite well.."a mouth shoved full of teeth!!" You are hilarious! Thanks for making me laugh today:)

tiare said...

i l-o-v-e the olympics! everything...table tennis, swimming, basketball...i too get man crushes from time to time and i must say mine is phelps as well. maybe it's his althetic prowess that gets me?
anyway happy watching!

jessi said...

i love the olympics too, and even his big ears!

Amy Piller said...

I was at Bear Lake so I didn't think i would see much of the Olympics but don't you worry we watched it everyday and I love it as well:)

Megane said...

Alayna! You look Great! Congrat on the weight loss, that is sooo exciting. We love the Olympics too, or as by little Sarah calls them, Lympics! That little gymnist Shawn Johnson is from where we live so they are a BIG deal here. So exciting to watch!
Keep in touch!

Megane said...

Alayna! You look Great! Congrat on the weight loss, that is sooo exciting. We love the Olympics too, or as by little Sarah calls them, Lympics! That little gymnist Shawn Johnson is from where we live so they are a BIG deal here. So exciting to watch!
Keep in touch!