Sunday, August 24, 2008

Truly amazed

Yesterday I was truly touched. I am so amazed by the tremendous outpouring of love and support by people in the church and people in the community that my brother and sister-in-law live in. As most of you know, my sweet sister-in-law has been battling breast cancer. She is doing very well and now has finished both chemo and radiation. Last night, her community threw a silent auction to benefit her and her family to help pay for the rising costs of medical bills, etc. Here are some pictures from that event:





It was truly a sight to behold. I was glad that I could be there and be a small part of it all. I had the priviledge of being on child duty so my bro and sis-in-law could partake in the event. It was fun chillin' with my 3 little studs. Mostly I was chasing Jake in and out of the men's bathroom. Everytime he goes in the bathroom he has to lift the toilet seat and pull up his shirt like he is going to the bathroom. What a cute kid he is! Luke and Ty spent the night running around and screaming with the other kids. Needless to say, we were all sweaty as the night progressed. Then I took the kids home and put them to bed. I didn't see a whole lot of the event, but what I did see was amazing! I know Curt and Char really appreciate the love that everyone has shown to them, and I certainly do too.

{Amazing}

7 comments:

jessi said...

That is so neat. I hope everything will be just fine and it goes away completely. It is amazing how people can be so generous for such a good cause. There is still some good in the world!

jessi said...

Hey, remember Ms. Sleezes positive thinking thing?? How exactly does that go?? I need some positive thinking with "I will loose 20 lbs. by Dec. 2008 in a healthy and positive way."
I think it was write your positive thing 10 times....but how long do you have to do it???
also, when are you coming back to slc...I have a boy to line you up with!!!

Kevin said...

That really is awesome! I'm so glad she's doing better these days.

Amy Piller said...

Wow, that is truly great to see so many people supporting them!

Marianne and Matt said...

They really do deserve it!! They are such a cute family. I love the t-shirts saying "real men wear pink." Very cute!!

Amy Piller said...

No, I didn't figure it out I had to but everything back into it and it was a big old pain. Good luck!

tiare said...

so cool! even better is that it was JUST the community around there that contributed EVERYTHING! WOW! i'm glad that she's done with her treatments. she and the rest of your fam are in our prayers.