Saturday, August 16, 2008

Latest happenings

Man I am a slacker this week. I feel like I have so much to say, but really I don't. I know my blogs have been super boring lately, and this one probably won't be much better. But here goes:

It has kind of been a historic week if you will. Ok, not really, but it was 2 years ago on August 14th that I made the scariest decision of my life thus far. I bought a house! The picture is very scary, but this is me in front of my house that day:
I was so excited when I got the keys that I brought an air mattress and slept there all by myself that first night. My parents worried I would be too scared...and honestly, it was a little strange. But I loved it and I still love it now! The house is a dream come true! My parents and I took 3 days to paint the entire house as the previous owner was a bit eccentric when it came to paint. He wasn't much of a painter either. There was paint all over the ceiling and the baseboards, and every wall was a different shade of rust! Yuck! But now it has my personal touches to it and I think it looks great. One day, when my house is clean, I will take some more updated pictures and give you a tour of my place...

My biggest concern with buying a house was the fact that I was now stuck in AZ. If I wanted to move back to UT I would have to sell my house first. I must admit, I am glad that my mom sort of forced me to move out and and forced me to buy a house (rather than rent an apartment) because I am totally loving where I am right now. Yes, Arizona is freaking hot for 6 months of the year, but for the other 6 months it is pure heaven. But most of all, I love this time of year as it is monsoon season:
Nightly thunderstorms, lightning storms and occassionally some rain. I love rain! I think the reason why I love monsoon season so much is because it reminds me of Nauvoo. I used to love the lightning storms that happened quite frequently. My mom and I would sit on the back porch of the double wide (yes, we lived in a double wide...but hey, it was Nauvoo) and talk about life while watching the lightning. Trigger (bless him) would sit out there with us too. Good times indeed.

In my last post I mentioned that I had been reading this super boring book and it had taken me almost 2 months to finish. I forced myself to read the rest of the book last Sunday and finally took it back to the library today. Well, I finished just at the right time, cause my friend at work let me borrow this this week:
I LOVE IT!!! Well, actually it is a little bit different, but I am sure it will get better. I just started reading the book on Friday and I am on page 200 right now. It's amazing how much more I like to read when I actually like what I am reading. Is anyone else excited for 12.12.08 for the movie to come out?? Can't wait! You want to know the best thing ever? My mom just started reading the series last week and now she is obsessed! Funny!

And finally, I am still in love with Michael Phelps. Anyone see the race last night where he won his 7th gold by 1/100 of a second?! Say it with me, "Amazing!" The reaction of his mother was classic! Can't wait to see team USA win gold in the relay tonight. I am proud to be an American...

{Enjoy the weekend!}

6 comments:

Marianne and Matt said...

I can't wait for the pictures of your house, I would love a little online tour since I haven't been able to come see it...yet:) I will have to read those books, I hear soooo much about them, but really?....vampires...come on!! And last of all we have been obsessed with the Olympics and micheal phelps as well...last nights win was amazing!!

tiare said...

i love that you are a homeowner! PLEASE post some pictures of your house!
just started the final book as well....mern give the vampires a chance.
loving the olympics. will definitely be sad when it's over.

Amy Piller said...

It seems like you have had your house forever, I love it. The other day I saw something that would look perfect in your little beach room area. Marianne the books are worth reading I thought the same thing...vampires, really...but they are good! Lanz let me know whatyou think when you are done with the book, I am getting close to done and am dieing to know what happens.

Lindsey and Zach said...

Layns I miss you, but I am glad you are having a good ole time there in AZ. I just started the books, not very far yet...and facebook is not hard to understand just give it another try...I think blogging is too much work..maybe you can spice up my page for me, you want my password? How did you do all the fun background stuff to yours?

Kevin said...

Ok, you're gonna have to sell me on the whole Twilight phenom because I seem to just get annoyed whenever people talk about it because they make it seem like ti's the best thing since sliced bread. Isn't it just like a Romeo & Juliet type story centered around Vampires?

Anyways...

I wish I had enough cash to buy me a house. Perhaps I'm not as frugal as I should be.

The Awesome Allens said...

ALAYNA!! Guess what? I became a member of he Michael Phelps fanclub! hehehe, want to join it with me and 6 million other people??