Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happiness

Today I am feeling happy. I am not sure exactly why. It’s not like I had a great dream last night or that I have a date lined up (in fact, I have absolutely zero prospects)…I am just happy today. And it’s a good feeling, ‘cause I haven’t felt this way in a while. So in honor of my happiness I have compiled a list of things that make me happy:

The number I saw on my scale today (it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a number that low)! Down 107 and counting!!!
Pants that are too big and require a belt, that just months ago were too tight to button
Flip flops
Backstreet Boys
Finishing a good book (like Breaking Dawn…finished last night)
Latin Impact class at LA Fitness
Comments on my bloggity blog
Beach decorations
Holiday decorating (especially love Oct-Dec)
Saturday trips to Florence
The smell of clean laundry
Holidays in general (I love them all and like making a big deal of them all)
Race for the Cure items (cause they are pink)
Generous donations by people who care (more on that later…)
Getting to eat REAL food in about 14 days!!!
Friends in UT, AZ and FL
Men
Getting emails that read, “Britney Spears confesses she is the father of Anna Nicole Smith’s baby.”
Rain and/or lightning storms
Having your doctor tell you that you don’t look like you weigh as much as you do
Getting a passport (which means a cruise is in my very near future)
Getting flowers (hint, hint…just kidding! You need a man to get those, right?)
A good hair day
Smiles from strangers
Paid holidays and PTO
My bed
My house when it is clean…and stays that way for more than a few hours
Getting mail (that is not a bill or junk mail)
Getting an email (that is not a forward or spam)
Pink anything and everything

And the list could go on and on. Sorry, I didn’t realize how long this list was until now. Are you still with me? Good! Well, I guess I will stop now. I need to get back to my responsibilities. Besides, I have a fantastic story to tell you about an experience I had last night, but it requires pictures and I haven’t been able to download them yet. Hopefully tomorrow…

{Happy thoughts}

3 comments:

Amy Piller said...

I love your posts! I am glad you are feeling happy!

Kevin said...

“Britney Spears confesses she is the father of Anna Nicole Smith’s baby.”

That's priceless. Funniest thing I've read in a while!

About that Halloween inquiry, I'm gonna have to keep that a secret for now, cuz if it doesn't turn out how I like it, I don't wanna not live up to the hype, ya dig? :)

Marianne and Matt said...

You have inspired me to think more about what makes me happy instead of my stresses!! Just like thy say....count your blessings!!