Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Creative Escape

Just a few photos highlighting my CE experience. It was really a great convention, yet I am so glad it's over. Loads of fun, but tons of hard work! On my feet for all hours of the day, smiling and making people happy with my willingness to help and teach. Here I am, the cute little volunteer with the pink apron (don't mind the orb floating next to my nostril): My good pal Julie from the UK (our Bazzill distributor over there). We were traveling volunteers together, meaning we went to all the different classes with one group (vs. staying in the same class and helping the same teacher all weekend).
My relatives (that just so happened to be in my group...hey, I've got connections). Fun having them there, but they sure did make me work hard!
Me and my cutest mom. She doesn't scrapbook, so I'm not sure why she even came...
The fun and excitement never ends! Saturday night we had an amazing dinner served to us and we got to eat dessert first! Mmmm....chocolate! It was delicious! And the keynote speaker afterward was incredible! Nearly wet myself laughing so hard, and nearly wet myself crying at the same time. Awesome!
And finally, after all the fun was over, I hit the waterslide. Thanks to my pal Julie for sportin' the camera and taking pics of me making my way down the slide. And also, sorry for the unattractiveness of me in a swimming suit. The fact that I gained 48lbs in one week while at CE sure didn't help... What you don't see is me getting brave and going down head first. I was going so fast I thought I would fall right out of the slide. But it sure was fun!

For more CE reading check out this blog: http://www.jessicaguthrie.blogspot.com/ and view her post titled "The $6000 Creative Escape shirt." If you look closely, you will see me in pictures #6 and #7. In pic #7 you can see some obvious frustration in my face. Her class was a tough one, and I was a little bit flustered trying to help people catch up. But seriously, read that entire post cause it talks about some amazing generosity.
{have a great wednesday}

4 comments:

Marianne and Matt said...

Can I just say....you look ADORABLE!! I love the polk a dot ribbon in your hair. Looks like you had a fun time. I want to go down a water slide:)

Bex said...

Laynes - You look so so great!! I am just in the middle of my move home (sitting in SFO) thinking about the 20 pounds I gained in the UK and want to just melt away now that I am back in the US - you totlaly inspire me!!

Julie said...

Didn't we have a great time ! Can't believe its all over and I'm back in England in the cold and damp.

Lindsey and Zach said...

Layns, I wish I was having fun with you...Alyda keeps asking to meet you by the way...it all comes out gggllgrrrpppfff and stuff, but I know what she is saying!