Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Sexy Tour

Last night was one of the funnest (yes, it's a word) nights I have had in a while. I had the pleasure of joining my girls Ashlie and Katy on a trip to Dodge Theatre, in Phoenix, to witness the comic genius of Jim Gaffigan (he's even paler in person). Oh my heavens...he was hilarious!! I have not laughed that hard in a long time! My poor cheeks were so sore after the show from smiling so much! I truly enjoyed his comments about bowling, laziness, bacon, ketchup and, of course, Hot Pockets. What a treat! Here are a few pics from the event:

The theatre (or as much of it as I could get in the frame without running across the street) where the "magic" happened

Me and Ashlie posing with Jim (sort of) before the show

Me and Ashlie patiently waiting for the show to begin

Ashlie and Katy after the main event

The three of us waiting for Jim to come out and sign autographs after the show

There he is...

again...

and again...

We truly had a great time! I seriously don't think there was much that I didn't find hysterical. After the show Jim came out to sign autographs and take pictures. We were just standing around waiting for him to come out, but realized where the line up was a little too late. We went to the front of the line and got some good pictures though. We would have been there for hours waiting to get his autograph...so we decided to leave.

After the show we decided to do some man stalking. Katy decided to change out of her adorable purple shoes and into some slippers, but couldn't find any matching pairs. So this is what she wore:

We actually decided to splurge and go to Cold Stone before doing some man stalking. Katy was a little embarrassed about her shoes, but came in anyway. What a champ!

And then this was me at the end of the day. SO TIRED!!! I had to wake up at 5am to go to work (on a Saturday mind you), had to go to the post office to get a passport, had to drive to Florence to visit my friend, and then went to the comedy performance. I had a 19 hour day and I was ready to die. But it was well worth it. Thanks for a fun night girls!

{I always think it's weird when I'm in a city like Chicago and I see a policeman on a horse. For a second I'm like, "Did Canada just invade? Did you come from a time machine?"

You ever see the policeman on the horse? They always have that look on their face like, 'Why is everyone looking at me? I'm just on a two ton animal in the middle of a highway. What's the big deal?'

You think that horse ever comes in handy? There's some robbery. "Copper, I'm gonna kill everyone in here - is that a pony?"

Oh, I love ponies}

10 comments:

Kevin said...

Sounds like a fun night. Jim Gaffigan is pretty darn funny.

And I have to ask, even though I can probably guess, what is man stalking? And if I were to go woman stalking, and blog about it, would my female audience think I was a pervert?

;)

Natalie said...

i'm so jealous!!

tiare said...

oh my heck! i LOVE jim gaffigan! soooooo jealous!

Amy Piller said...

Sounds like fun, saddly i have never heard of him(I don't think)

Grandma Blank said...

Ya, I have never heard of him either, but it is always fun to go places! I LOVE reading your blog, sorry I haven't blog stalked you in a while, but things have been crazy! Love ya!

Grandma Blank said...

hey this is Jessi- I am not Grandma Blank, I am just using this computer

Grandma Blank said...

Actually she is blog stalking you too :)

Marianne and Matt said...

Sounds fun. I haven't heard of him, but my favorite is Brian Reagan(i don't know how you spell it) but I saw him live when I was like 9 months pregnant. It was hilarious but my stomach killed from laughing....and being so huge!

Megane said...

What fun! I love comedy clubs but it has been a Long time since I have been to one. We all need a good laugh every now and then, eh?

ps. nice music choice!

Katy Wilson said...

how embarrassing...those dumb slippers