Monday, September 22, 2008

In Loving Memory

This Friday is the one year anniversary (if you call it that) of the passing away of my HERO. My uncle Bryan was an amazing man and I always looked up to him (literally...he was 6' 7"). I will forever remember going to BYU football games and cheering on BIG #72. He played during the era of Ty Detmer and it was exciting!! He was a champion on and off the field and I truly love him for that.

Last weekend Ty Detmer had a benefit dinner and event with all proceeds going to my uncle's family (and another fallen football player's family). There was also a home football game at BYU where Ty Detmer was given the priviledge to carry out the Y flag to start the game. He invited my aunt Stacey and the other football player's wife to run on the field with him. Below is a YouTube video of that excitement:
I so wish I could have been there to see that. In fact, just watching it on the computer brought a little tear to my eye. I am so grateful to know that I will see my uncle again. I am so grateful for caring people who give their time and efforts to help others.
{Love you Bry! Thanks for everything}

4 comments:

Amy Piller said...

That is a great picture of their family. I hadn't seen them since they were all so little. I remember when I thought Bryan was your brother on his mission. THat was a beautiful tribute tohim:)

tiare said...

i too remember his days at the Y. i didn't think there could be another family out there who loved the cougs as much as us...i was wrong!
you're making him proud by remembering him today.
he has a beautiful family.

marianne said...

Wow, I had NO idea he had that many children. That is really sad. How is Stacey doing? How did he die again? That was a great tribute and video!! His family is beautiful!

Miss Amanda said...

What a nice video and honor for the families...it is great to see good people out there striving to help others out! Sorry to hear about your uncle.