Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Feeling Inspired?

Ever since Creative Escape I have been so inspired to be crafty. And the funny thing is, my mom has been the same! Three times last week I stopped at my mom's house after work for a little scrapbooking goodness. Here are some pics to document our scrapbooking fun and the disastrous mess that scrapbooking makes:

Can you believe she's actually scrapbooking?

Scrapbooking requires deep concentration...

Our scrapbooking fun mostly centered on finishing projects from Creative Escape. But one of the days I decided instead to make this cute Halloween picture frame:



I love holidays! I love decorating for holidays! I seriously hate the months of January, May-June and August-September cause my house just feels so blah! I cannot wait for October to roll around so I can actually decorate for a holiday! In fact, the last time my mom was in Utah she went shopping to my new favorite store called Rod Works. Seriously...I love that place! They have the cutest holiday decorations, and just everyday decorations too. I convinced my mom to buy me some things, and honestly, I can't find it in my heart to put them in storage until October. So they are now hanging out in my room...making me excited for the blessed day when they can be displayed in the common areas.






Please excuse the tornado-like mess that is my room. I haven't been motivated to clean...just to make messes. And finally, here is my next holiday decoration project:



If you can't tell, it is a wooden snowman that I will be painting myself. Honestly, I am a little bit scared about this one. Painting and art are not my specialties, but I think it will turn out pretty cute. I will have to post a pic when I finally complete it.

{Happy Creating}

2 comments:

Amy Piller said...

Fun Fun, I am feeling crafty to only I have been working on my books on the computer and loving it:)

Natalie said...

that frame is freakin' cute!! i want one. i can't believe your mom is actually scrapbooking :)