Thursday, October 2, 2008

Argh! October 1st

In reference to the first word of my title, I just wanted you to know that it was “National Talk Like a Pirate Day” a few weeks ago. But, sadly, I am just getting around to celebrating it today…

For the last two years, October 1st has not been my favorite day. Well, I guess I should clarify that October 1st is my mommy’s birthday, so that is a good thing (Happy Birthday Old Woman!!!). But last year on this day we were burying my sweet uncle, and now this year I feel like another part of me has died as well. As you all know, my dear friend Pepe is having some massive issues. He is still with the immigration folk in good old Florence, AZ. He has been trying to fight his case on his own since he did come into the country legally, and recently was given the opportunity to fight for bond to be let out of custody. So he had his final bond hearing yesterday and was granted bond, however the bond amount was DOUBLE what we hoped for. To make a long story short, my boy will not be freed. It kills me a little bit…

He will probably sign up for a voluntary departure and will be heading home to Peru soon. He has been my best friend for the last 5 years, and I honestly can’t imagine my life without him. But the Big Man has something else in mind for me and I know that things will work out like they are supposed to and that I will find peace at some point in the future.

Anyway, I just thought I would let you know what has been going on.

I forgot to mention how my October 1st started. I woke up and got in the shower…with a gigantic spider!!! Actually it was not in the shower with me, just waiting for me in the shower curtain. When I finished my shower and opened the curtain, out ran mister wolf spider (or brown recluse I’m not sure). He ran under my vanity and into the corner where he chilled for a minute. Instead of killing the spider right away, I quickly wrapped up in my towel and ran to my room to get my camera (how is that for blogging spirit?). I grabbed a heavy duty shoe (cause he was a heavy duty spider) and proceeded to prod him out of his little corner. Within seconds he was out of the corner and running toward me! Here I am…practically naked…kneeling on the floor…in a small little space…with the largest spider I have seen in quite some time…running faster than the speed of light…in my direction!! My heart was pounding out of my chest and I thought for sure I’d have a coronary. However, I finally got the shoe to connect with the fast little buggar and that was the end of his life. I got a few layers of Kleenex and flushed his smashed up limbs down the toilet. It took several minutes to calm down and the rest of the morning I was constantly looking over my shoulder (or atleast near my feet). FREAKY!!! In fact, here is a picture of my cute little friend:

(it is very blurry, but I was a bit nervous taking the picture)
And finally, on a lighter note, and in memory of my friend, I discovered a website that lets you see what your babies will look like. If I were to procreate with Pepe, this is what our hideous children would look like: Pretty scary huh? I personally don’t see us having little light skinned, blonde haired children, but who really knows…

I hope to see your future children on your blogs shortly!

{Happy October 2nd}

6 comments:

Amy Piller said...

Ok, it scares me just looking at the picture of that spider. You know how much I hate them but you were the one I called when I needed one to die and to know you were scared by that I know it had to be big! Miss you girl! I am sorry to hear about pepe.

jessi said...

I am sorry to hear about Pepe too...But just remember the Lord knows what is best. In our stake conference President Eyering spoke to us about President Hinckley, and how there would be huge problems with the church, or personally, and he would just say..."It will all work out"
Love you Lanzy!! Sorry about missing your uncle.. it is hard to loose someone you love. Tell your mommy happy birthday for me!
Have a great day you fabulous, beautiful gorgeous sexy girl!

jessi said...

oh...and your babies with pepe would be cute! (actually I think your babies with any guy would be cute!)

Julie said...

That's not good news about Pepe, perhaps there's still time for a miracle to happen. Spiders will only live in a clean home and they'll catch all sorts of little bugs so just think of them as Housekeeping !

tiare said...

aaarrgh matey....ok, it was on the first i won't go there...
sorry about your boy.
sorry about the way your kids would look...just kidding. they would be darling!!!!

Marianne and Matt said...

highly doubt you would have red headed children. Sorry to hear about Pepe. The Lord does have a plan for you though, I'm sure of it. Remember when you were there for my break down when I had to break up with Brian? I wish I could be there for you right now!!