Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ooooh...crafty

Remember this post? Well, for a while now I have been feeling extra crafty, but more importantly I have been feeling holiday crafty. I bought this snowman to paint for Christmas and have slowly been adding to it. I finished it yesterday and promised in my previously mentioned post that I would show you the results when it was completed. So here it is...my before and after:

What do you think??
I also recently mentioned that I have been stressing about Enrichment lately {as I am the Branch Enrichment Leader}. I had my first activity last week and think it turned out pretty well...{Let's just chalk that one up to a success!}. However, last week was not the activity I have been stressing about the most. Next month we will be focusing on holiday craft ideas and it will be one of our bigger activities. I have decided that we will be making glass blocks after getting a cute idea from my roomie's sis-in-law. So, with the help of my amazing friend, I was able to come up with this:
With the exception of the camera lighting, they are pretty cute right?
Since our activity is later on in November and we have Stake Conference next week, I had to make the announcement today at church so I could get a count of who wanted what and give them time to pay me for them. But silly me couldn't bear to send around a sign up sheet without a cute little something to put that sign up sheet on. So this is what I came up with:
It is a sickness my friends...
But wait...the craftiness does not stop there! I also had my cute friend send me some more vinyl just so I could do a little somethin' somethin' for myself. Check it out:
Oh vinyl, where would I be without thee??
Thanks Jess for helping me. You rock!!!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

super cute. btw, i love the google ad that came up today....Married but Looking Meet Sexy Married People.....sweet!

Amy Piller said...

Love all of it, you can now make some for my house, lol.

Lindsey and Zach said...

WOW OH WOW Layns....thats shocking, the boy story and the crafts.....I hardly know what to say but WOW, that is amazing.

Marianne and Matt said...

REALLY CUTE!! I am in the Relief Society presidency and we are planning our Super Saturday activity...ya know, the craft day. I sure wish you were the one planning it all. Maybe I will use your cute clip board idea...how'd you do it?

aprilmay said...

I love it~! I want to know how to make those! So, next time you come up to Utah we need to do a craft day. I am a wanna be crafty person in training!

Natalie said...

super cute! you may be receiving something similar for christmas........he he :) you can't have too much cute crafty decor, right?!

Natalie said...

dude, i totally forgot that i already commented up there at the top. i'll say it one more time....super cute!