Wednesday, October 29, 2008

random october things

For a while now I have been intending to blog about some things, but just haven't taken the time to do so. This post is dedicated to all the random happenings related to my 2nd favorite holiday: Halloween. First of all, I got some really cute pumpkin holders a while ago (you may have seen them in my crafty post mentioned back in Septemberish...same post as the unfinished snowman post mentioned two posts ago {clear as mud}). Anyway, I thought it would be fun to buy some pumpkins to embellish the pumpkin holders. I went to my fave on-a-budget store {Walmart} and purchased two beauties. I got out the paint and put some my-kindergartener-painted-these faces on them. Here is the first one I did:

Hey, I don't claim to have artistic skills...
So the other day I walked out to my front porch to check out my masterpieces...and this is what I found:
I thought to myself, "What freaking jerk came over here and threw my pumpkin on the ground? I don't recall doing anything to harm a neighbor. Why me??" But upon further investigation, I found the truth. I was not the helpless victim of pumpkin bashing, I was the victim of a Walmart-sells-crappy-pumpkins scheme and the pumpkin had fallen off of it's holder because it was rotted and mildewed. YUM!!!
So, the pumpkin sat in it's fallen out guts for a few days until it started to smell, and then I finally threw it away. Now I only have one "live" pumpkin, an empty pumpkin holder and permanent pumpkin guts gracing the presence of my visitors. Such is life...

And secondly, I got myself some Halloween toes earlier in the month. I didn't want anything too Halloweenish, just something that looked kind of neutral from afar and Halloweenish on closer inspection. This is what I got:
The toes are dark purple and the big toe contains a silvery spider web complete with silver
spider (and red jewel to make it black widow-like...which I don't love). Pretty exciting.

Now, this last random item has nothing to do with Halloween, but it makes my heart sing almost as much as Halloween does. I got myself some new shoes:

{TRUE LOVE}
P.S. I really love creating phrases with dashes in between the words...in case you didn't notice

3 comments:

aprilmay said...

when I tried to save your button...it just gave me a link. Definitely could be user error though

Amy Piller said...

Very fun, our carved pumpkins died pretty fast too. We had to through Grant's away already. I love the shoes!

Julie said...

Love the shoes Alayna ! They remind me of those that Dorothy wore in the Wizard of Oz. We have the same problems with Pumpkins in the UK, they've gone all mushy - the harvest wasn't good to start with due to poor pollination and the summer was so wet.