Wednesday, October 8, 2008

On a lighter note...

I have read many a blog about Conference weekend and the great words that were spoken and inspiration received. I, on the other hand, was at the cabin this weekend and missed the majority of Conference. Why you ask? Well, a lot of it was my own fault. I got a little carried away with the scrapbook stuff and chose to concentrate on my masterpieces rather than taking the time to listen. And, of course, there were children present. But I love spending time with my nephews! Most children do not have patience to sit and watch/listen to Conference, so sometimes we have to come up with other ways to capture their attention (and keep them quiet). With that in mind I came prepared with a little project for the boys to do: we would make spiders for Halloween. Here are the boys doing "arts & crafts" as Luke called it:

And here are the final results:


(awww...that face!)
And here are the projects I worked on (including my own spider):


(pretty cute right?)
So that was day one of General Conference. Then day two came along and I had another little project set up for my boys. This time we would be making a Halloween gingerbread house. It was interesting to say the least, but I think the boys had a good time. Ty was really excited to decorate, Luke was frustrated because the candy kept falling off, and Jake was content as could be eating all of the candy! Notice his little hands grabbing the candy in several pictures:


And the final results (check out the nice black lips on Ty and his sexy leg-on-table pose):


All in all it was a pretty good weekend. The weather was cold and rainy, but just as a cabin should be! It is so nice to go to a secluded little area and enjoy the finer things in life: family and Conference...

1 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

those boys are too cute!