Friday, October 17, 2008

Hey, I'm single!

Can I just tell you how much I am enjoying single life right now? Not that I am so much loving being old and single (yes, I’m a little bitter) but that I am loving the freedom that comes with it. I find it exciting that I can go to a concert if I want to. I don’t have to ask my significant other if it is ok. I don’t have to find a babysitter. I can go hang out with the girls if I want to. I think that’s exciting!

Ok, so the rest of singlehood sucks rocks. And the fact that I am very much single sucks even more rocks. Outside of my two concerts, I have no life. But that’s ok. I know I am cool and that is really all that matters…

I have a fun weekend ahead. Saturday is the Zoo Walk (to benefit the Autism Foundation) and also the Light the Night Walk (to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society). Then Sunday I get the wonderful opportunity of talking in church {YIKES!!} on the law of the fast. That should be interesting…

{Happy Weekend}

4 comments:

Amy Piller said...

There for sure benifits to being single like you said so enjoy them while you can because we all know you will be snatched up very soon!

Marianne and Matt said...

I second Amy's comment.....just think you have FOREVER to be married but only really a short time to enjoy singleness, and it sounds like you are enjoying it!! LOVE YA

Sarah Harward said...

Enjoy it while you can. Although being married is fun, there are definate perks to single life! Eat it up!

jessi said...

I so agree with Marianne....After kev and I were married, we both missed the thrill of the chase...meeting new people, the first holding hands, first kiss, etc. Marriage is great, but once your married, your done, you can't go back. (well, I guess you can but that would suck.) Then you get screaming kids! I am super glad your having fun... I miss that type of fun!